• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 A2 air system/leaks troubleshooting

Jim832904

My first 5 ton has arrived to be prepped for snow removal on the 3 mile driveway. Got the engine to run thanks to this forum for the fuel system priming advice. I have no air building on either dash gauge. Shop air application shows me a gladhand shut off valve stem missing/leaking and a large leak on a steer axle brake chamber. Need to be sure this chamber can be safely disassembled to change the pancake like a civilian truck system. It looks like service brakes only on that axle. Haven't had time to hunt down the TM's yet.

Jim832904

Thanks. Still have leaks.

Are there other TMs?
I blocked off the leaking brake chamber and gladhand and still have alot of air noise from the intake stack and alot of air from the exhaust port on the regulator/sender looking thing on the first(wet) air tank. That thing has a stem on the end that looks like it had a handle for adjustment at one time. Should it be exhausting air? What is its function? Guess I'm going to disconnect each brake chamber until I find all of the leaks. Is there a better way? I still have no air on either dash gauge.