• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Air pressure switch

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My low air pressure light and buzzer would intermittently light and sound although the pressure in both tanks read 120psi. I checked the voltage from cab to switch and reads 12 volt. The ground tests good but I still scraped and wire brushed ground boulders and frame and still no luck. I checked voltage across both switches and they are good when truck pressure is good. I even went and replaced both switches with new ones from Erik's, who by the way is very helpful. Now the light and and buzzer went from intermittently to sounding constantly.....driving me crazy. The voltage across the switches is good to the ground. Any thoughts? Your help is greatly appreciated!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
The switches are in series to ground, so if one is bad the alarm will sound. I am thinking your fail safe alarm is bad.

TEAMJENSEN

The switches are in series to ground, so if one is bad the alarm will sound. I am thinking your fail safe alarm is bad.
Thank you, had not heard of them going. Any idea where to get one of them? I disconnected it, the green plastic box near driver left foot to stop that buzzer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Amer-team

Question, my low air pressure light is not coming on, parking brake light is staying on and no alarm sounding even on start up. Gauges read 120 after air up. Thoughts please. This is a 1984 M923 I did wiggle wires to the alarm with no difference and no loose ground.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks