• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m939 Battery Relocation Kit

wsucougarx

Just curious about something. Did you guys have to use ALL the parts in the kit when modifying your truck? Like the big "L" brackets? Or are they the same dimensions of what's already on your truck? I ask because I have the actual metal battery box from the kit in the M109A3's van. Thinking of transplanting it to the 923.
Exactly what parts did you end up having to use from the kit? Besides the metal box and the two plastic battery boxes.

Hoefler

You will need to change out the L-brackets. The kit is complete with all new bolts and fasteners as well. They are of different dimensions and are of heavier construction. Its worth the extra effort though. I really like the way it looks, though have not changed the batteries from under seat to new box. I will however do this in the next few weeks.

Attachments

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You will need ~all the parts. I did, with the exception of a few extra bolts. When you are ready to do it, give me a call, I can offer a few pointers.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I don't believe they have to be totally watertight. The only reason to relocate the batteries is to install better seating for your passengers. If you are using the vehicle for emergency services the seat battery box is a great place to mount radios light controllers and other required electronics. The military used the side batteries on armored 5tons. You can buy non retracting 3 point seatbelts they are easy to install.

LCFD

I don't believe they have to be totally watertight. The only reason to relocate the batteries is to install better seating for your passengers. If you are using the vehicle for emergency services the seat battery box is a great place to mount radios light controllers and other required electronics. The military used the side batteries on armored 5tons. You can buy non retracting 3 point seatbelts they are easy to install.

We were looking to put air ride seats in for the safety and comfort of the crew. Fire Departments sometime go and assist other areas and can't go for some pretty far rides ( neighboring FD took their old deuce and a half to Watertown)

You think it would be fine not being watertight? I am planning on taking this into decent water.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We were looking to put air ride seats in for the safety and comfort of the crew. Fire Departments sometime go and assist other areas and can't go for some pretty far rides ( neighboring FD took their old deuce and a half to Watertown)

You think it would be fine not being watertight? I am planning on taking this into decent water.
Are you also planning on doing the deep water service every time you do it? Pulling the wheels, bearings and seals and repacking everything.

The battery box will be fine.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
How deep are you planning on going? Since you are east coast like me I am guessing salt water. The truck is not water-resistant past 3 feet for fresh water. Salt water will corrode everything. Dont even think about moving the batteries to the side if planning on fording salt water and you will need the seat battery box for electronics there isn't anywhere else safe to mount stuff. I lived by the beach for years it gets in everywhere. You will need to extend the vent lines from the differentials, trans and transfer case. Driving thru high water is dangerous when you can't see what's under water I have hit debris going thru flooded underpasses in civ trucks. Get a good pair of front shocks I put the KYB ones in both of mine. I have 2 low mileage rebuilt trucks both had totally blown shocks. Get your ctis working and drive in xc mode and with new shocks the passengers will be fine. You can disconnect the feed off the speedometer to the ctis and trick it into allowing xc mode at any speed and you can go up to hwy mode if you are going on the highway.

blackrifle41

Were do you get the kit. A truck I was looking at had one. It was hard to exit the pax side of the truck but I would like one. You can turn the under seat storage into a rifle box.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Were do you get the kit. A truck I was looking at had one. It was hard to exit the pax side of the truck but I would like one. You can turn the under seat storage into a rifle box.
They pop up on ebay or in the classifieds every so often. I made my own but on a stock cab height truck you need to add on to the brackets to drop it down. You would have to do the same with what i made as well. I took 2 toolboxes and mated them together.
Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks