• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939, Coolant in the Air Compressor Uploader Valve

bsteinborn

I'm assuming if I find coolant in the air compressor uploader valve that the air compressor is cracked and needs to be replaced? Just checking before I spend the money and the time replacing it. I REALLY don't want to replace it. I guess this also explains why I was seeing green liquid whenever I drained the wet tank? Are the air lines going to be full of coolant or is it all trapped in the wet tank. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I'm assuming if I find coolant in the air compressor uploader valve that the air compressor is cracked and needs to be replaced? Just checking before I spend the money and the time replacing it. I REALLY don't want to replace it. I guess this also explains why I was seeing green liquid whenever I drained the wet tank? Are the air lines going to be full of coolant or is it all trapped in the wet tank. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn
Maybe just a bad head gasket. Doesn't always mean a Cracked compressor

Replacement is easy with the right 5/8" moon wrench. I have a takeoff compressor if you go that route

bsteinborn

Is simp5782 Wes Simpson? If it is, thanks for all those youtube videos. They've been very helpful. I bought the moon wrenches on the off chance I have to replace the air compressor. A bit confused about your head gasket comment. When I remove the cover over the uploader valve it is full of coolant. Every time I try to dry it with a paper towel it just quickly fills with coolant. The coolant line doesn't seem to have a gasket. That's why I figured the air compressor must be cracked between the coolant tunnel and the uploader valve. But I could be wrong since I haven't pulled one apart. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is simp5782 Wes Simpson? If it is, thanks for all those youtube videos. They've been very helpful. I bought the moon wrenches on the off chance I have to replace the air compressor. A bit confused about your head gasket comment. When I remove the cover over the uploader valve it is full of coolant. Every time I try to dry it with a paper towel it just quickly fills with coolant. The coolant line doesn't seem to have a gasket. That's why I figured the air compressor must be cracked between the coolant tunnel and the uploader valve. But I could be wrong since I haven't pulled one apart. Thanks!

Bryan Steinborn
Yes. I'm the guy on YouTube.

Coolant goes into the head on the compressor. It's like a cylinder head. So it can be your issue with a blown gasket or cracked head

See pics below

Attachments

bsteinborn

Nevermind Wes, you are correct. Went out to the truck and looked at the compressor again. I see where the head gasket is, guess I'll pull off the head tomorrow and inspect the head gasket. Maybe I'll get lucky.

I sure appreciate all those videos you've made! Thanks.