• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 door stops?

slayden1

Well I am very new to the mv world. After three weeks of driving my M925A2 I was sick of having to fix the mirror every time someone got in the passenger side of the truck. Came across something called M939 door stop on e-bay for 19.99 problem solved!!! Not so fast, unit arrived and I have no clue where this thing goes. I don't think I'm an idiot just can't find a picture of door stop in action. Upon further investigation I see the rods and rubbers attached to the hinge side of door, look to be in good condition?uploadfromtaptalk1427081626595.jpg

Alexsha

I just cranked the outer mirror arms more forward and angled the mirrors back. The doors don't hit then. You could also add some washers to the door stop that's already in the door frame.

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just cranked the outer mirror arms more forward and angled the mirrors back. The doors don't hit then. You could also add some washers to the door stop that's already in the door frame.
I like my mirror arms at 90* to the cab . That way it gives me better sight of anything I am towing.

dawico

That is what I did too. Works very well and I didn't lose any visibility.

frioman

I had the same problem with the doors hitting the mirrors. It's a simple fix. You can access the existing door stopper from outside the truck if I'm not mistaken. You add a couple of rubber stoppers or washers like was mentioned above. I'll look at my truck later, but it seems like I accessed the stopper via the vent door.

slayden1

I have my mirrors 90degrees from cab. I guess the stoppers are just squishy. I opened the vent door and inspected them. Just need to add some washers and new rubbers. Thanks for all your help guys. This forum has been awesome.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I agree with Frioman. I did the same thing to my deuce to get the door to stop at the right position. Those brackets you bought look like they could be something for an up armored cab since the door would be a lot heavier.