• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 fromt inner hub seal questions

jdknech

hi, well after a catastrophic front bearing failure, (if involved a LARGE tow truck, and a even larger bill :( ) i am trying to reassemble the front hub/spindle/bearing Assy. now comes my question-

the front inner seal I got from memphis equipment had a "wiper ring" that came with it, what is the purpose of this ring? I can not find it in the TM, or the parts TM.. I do know it is the same seal thats used on the rear, is this wiper ring used on the rear, but not on the front?

Also, the seal is marked on one side "outside" but according to the TM picture, it is installed with that side facing the diff (center of truck) the TM pic looks like the correct way to assemble it (as it should, it is the TM lol) just wondered why the actual seal would be marked opposite of the TM?

everything was a fine power when it was "removed" from the truck, so I don't really have much to go off of... and i can't jack up the other side as a reference, until this side is on the ground (on a slight sideways hill, and couldn't be moved because the wheel was not attached when the tow-truck dropped it off)

thanks foe the help guys- Joshua

poorman4x4

The rear wiper was "designed" to keep gear oil out of the bearings, hence the front has axleshaft seals. inner hub seals go on one way its not hard to figure out by looking at it one side has 6" id the other doesnt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks