• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Front Axle Not Engaging. Low / High or dash selector.

sburrell

I'm troubleshooting an issue we have with a M927 that will not engage the front axle. I've been looking at the TM troubleshooting section for the front axle engagement but without a good way to attach an air gauge I've been going off of the fact that I do feel something happening when air dash switch is engaged on the air supply line to the front axle cylinder. Anyone have any experience or recommendations to troubleshoot the issue or any pictures of what the air lines are supposed to look like? I am pretty sure that I feel pressure at the interlock cylinder as well and having no problems going from low to high and back. I'm a mac user but I'm working on getting the windows software provided in the TM section to give a visual of how its supposed to work.

TIA

Shane

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Site rules require a state listed in your location.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do your windsheild wipers function?

stampy

Found out I had the same problem last night. I hear it actuating but no pull. Sucks when you are stuck in the mud (in your own backyard) Of course it has rained here for 40 days and 40 nights.

Andyrv6av8r

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My recommendation is to jack up the front axle with FULL air pressure and see if the front axle is actually engaging. Alot of these trucks are plumbed incorrectly at the High/Low air switch. Mine was.