• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m939 hard top back window

clydizzel

Has anyone ever cut the back of the cab to fit in a full size truck back window so they can see better? I do alot of backing up and i think it would be nice to see better.

MtnSnow

I installed rear view and front view camaras in my 923a2 and will do the same in my 925a2 as it makes backing up and parking in public lots without soldier B so much easier and safer.

goldneagle

Yep I agree that is what the mirrors are for. If truckers can back up semi's with only mirrors then so should we. You can always install a backup camera if you want to see behind the truck.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It takes time to adjust your mirrors and practice to get comfortable with the truck. You can add an extra curved mirror on the right side for added view. Make sure once you have them set how you like them to tighten the nut or the mirror will drift from vibration. I have rearview mirrors in my trucks if you position them right you can see out the back pretty well. Practice is the most important thing. That's why military truck drivers go to military truck drivers school and then practice driving at their unit.

Bighurt

It's easier to use mirrors. The back window on every daycab I've run has only been clean for about 15m after dispatch, particularly in the winter. I don't even look out the back window of the M915.

I suggest adding after market convex mirrors, the little OEM ones aren't great. I'd much rather have 6 rd below.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks