• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 rops

JohnnyBM931A2

So the other day I read through the rather lengthy "rops" thread, which discussed installing roll cages or other protecting devices in/on deuces. There were a lot of interesting points brought up. Some of the biggest factors were cost, difficulty, and the issue with fastening the roll cage to the frame (because it reduces the amount that the frame can flex.)

I am very curious how the ROPS is set up in the M939 series trucks. I have searched through the forum, looked at auction pictures, and saw pictures of members ROPS trucks. However, I was unable to find ANY pictures of how the roll cage is tied into the frame. Are there any members here with ROPS trucks that can take a few photos for me? Just curious how everything ties into the frame, etc. Or if anyone can point me to some pictures that they know of, that would be great too :)

Nogueremuseum

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1990 BMY M923A2 W/W Frankencab

Hi, I've got one. If you send a personal email, I'll get some pics to you. The roll cage in actually stainless steel. The upper portion is 3" outer diameter, and sits inside a larger 3" inner diameter lower tube.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks