• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Series Prices

kdaniels

Back when these trucks were being sold at action the prices were fairly reasonable for a decent truck (4-5 yrs ago).. But here lately it seems they have exploded in value. This is not the way green stuff is designed to go, the more work and money you put in it the LESS it's worth. Some one clearly didn't get that memo. Don't tell me I have a truck worth MORE than I paid for it. What's the deal???

SEMPER FI !!

keith

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can thank GP and there marketing , auction prices are up which makes trucks go up . Gl didn't care what they sold for they kept most of the money , it's the other way around for GP so they had to get prices up.

74M35A2

Traded the road grader for Benji huh?

Supply and demand. As with anything in life, market sets the price.

Even though I own one, and excited the price is up, I don’t plan to sell so it really doesn’t matter to me, like a home value thing. Personal opinion, I think prices are just high for now due to auctions drying up on them. The ending of them was more of a batch type event, they ran out rather suddenly, vs other MV's where they dwindled down over a much longer period of time.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Umm, no, this is completely routine.

There's a life cycle to pricing that has been the same over and over.
1. First auction of a specific variant, auctions bring HUGE money. (Take a look at what some people paid to be first for a M35A3, HMMWV [first Iron/Gov Plant examples], heck even the M939 series was sky high)
2. Once the "rush" wears off, prices start to taper down and remain that way through the "glut" of examples being released.
3. The variant surplusing draws towards a close. Auction prices soar back up for a rally at the end because "I missed getting one when they were cheap and I want one before they're gone".

Seen it time after time. I've always timed myself to be in the middle of things due to this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks