• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 series spring brake

charlesmann

I had a spring brake chamber leaking down and finally got around to replacing it. I ordered one from memphis equipment. I installed it and it doesnt seem the caging bolt functions properly or not all. Iv never seen a caging bolt like the one that came with it, nor have i seen the type of chamber i received. During a function check, the service brakes didnt seem to be working, nor was the emerg/parking side. I am now venting air through the intake stack when the brake pedal is depressed, but the brakes were not grabbing, and setting the park brake and pulling the air knob on the dash, the drum would still rotate.

I adjusted my brake shoes and about half way on the shoes, after adjustment, the drum locked up and would not go on or come off. I figured maybe the new can was the culprit, and decided to remove it. I caged the brake, disconnected the airlines and at the last thread, the can departed the tck rapidly. Where the caging bolt is installed, slammed forward, ejecting the chamber from the tck.

Is the chamber pictured even for the 939 series?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks