• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 series trucks

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The quick answers are YES and YES. Yes, they are out there and yes the military is holding onto them for a while longer. Some trickle out, but, as AVENGEUSA stated, they tend to bring good money. If the truck is nice enough where you would want it, you will pay for it. I like the M939 series trucks a lot. I have four of them...two M925A2s, an M936A2 and an M929. I have bought them any way you can think of...at auction, from dealers, from private sellers...and in all conditions ranging from residue that was put back together to turn-key ready to drive condition. You will pay either way as the parts are kind of rare and pricey.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where are the rebuilds taking place, depot like RRAD or back to BMY or AMGeneral?

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I heard a while back that Oshkosh got a contract to rebuild them. I can't remember where I heard that, but it might have been EMMADDO22 (Mark). I saw a pic of a pilot model and it looked pretty cool. From what I was told, they will get a newer motor and a newer Allison transmission among many other things. They will retain the basic hood, but I believe the lights are moving to the fenders (at least in the pilot pic I saw). I hope they replace the flaky CTIS.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
A lot of them are being rebuilt at Camp Shelby, MS.
The MS Nat. Guard has a facility there that refurbishes them and sells them to other Guard Units.
The have been doing it for a while. My old unit had a brigade stationed at Shelby and when I started going down there (in 1996) they were still refurbing the 800 series.
They just sold off the last of the 800 series trucks they had in storage awaiting refurb or being stripped of parts.