• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Spare Tire Davit Extension Question - Different Diameter Than A1 / A2?

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm needing a spare tire davit extension to fit in an A1 davit, but I'm seeing some sources that say that an M939 extension won't work for an A1 / A2. All I can find for sale online match the M939 part number. Does anyone know if the davit extension on an M939 is the same outer diameter as one for an A1 / A2? The outer diameter of my A2 davit extension for my other truck is 2.460". If it's just the length or hole spacing that is different, I can work around that.

In case anyone is confused about what I am asking for, it is part number 8, circled in red, in the picture below. I put a screen shot of the NSN specifications that I could find and it was not conclusive. Any help confirming the OD of the M939 version would be appreciated!

TM_illustration.jpg
NSN specs.jpg