• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A1 TM water pump versus what I found to buy

bsteinborn

Has anyone else had this problem with the M939A1 water pump? I needed to replace the water pump. Numerous places sell the water pump. See the picture below for a view of the water pump.
watpump2.jpg

I noticed that this new pump appears to be different than the one shown in the TM, TM-9-2320-272-24-1. But since everyone was selling this particular water pump I bought it before I had removed the one in the truck. I removed the water pump, the plastic impeller was shot along with the pulley bearings. I soon realized that the new pump is significantly longer. I then remember the small gap between the radiator fan motor and the water pump. See the picture below taken from the TM. I think enough space exists between the radiator fan and the radiator. Did the military install a spacer in the radiator mounting bracket to push the radiator fan forward to allow enough space for the new water pump? Seems odd that everyone sells the same water pump but the TM shows something completely different. I'd rather use the new water pump. The old water pump uses a plastic impeller that was shot. Any help would be appreciated. I've done plenty of searching here on SS and the net but no luck. Thanks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks