• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939a1 wheel removal

Bhpdbrad

Good 395's on LMTV rims should be $300-$400 each.

16.00's on HEMTT rims should be around $500 each (and won't rub up front on 939series trucks).

A full set of 10 11.00R20's on the standard 5ton rims should be $2100ish.

14.00's are a poor choice at this point and I'd advise you to avoid them.

PM coming your way.
I'm just curious as I'll be shopping for tires soon... Why are the 14.00's a poor choice? Is it due to supply, price, or (?)?

My choice would be to replace with the original size, but 16.00's would be my next pick. But if I just need a couple tires in the near future - I'd like to only replace with the same (14's) to save some money.

Your thoughts are appreciated.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I like the 14.00 20 tires but I believe they are getting harder to come by. Been told that, but everything is hard to come by where I live. I may go to 16.00 at some point but have a supply of 14.00 that should last me quite a while.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just curious as I'll be shopping for tires soon... Why are the 14.00's a poor choice? Is it due to supply, price, or (?)?

My choice would be to replace with the original size, but 16.00's would be my next pick. But if I just need a couple tires in the near future - I'd like to only replace with the same (14's) to save some money.

Your thoughts are appreciated.
14.00s are getting scarce and expensive. The military doesn't use them any more so it's only going to get worse.

For a truck that's a toy, 16.00s are my choice. For a truck that actually works for a living, 395s. My M925 is on 16.00s and I like them a lot, but they rob the bottom end pronouncedly. My wrecker is on 14.00s and I'll put it on 395s when the time comes for new tires..

charlesmann

I used 2 18” sections of 3/4” black/gas pipe, pulled all but 2 nuts off, slid the pipes on the 10 and 2 o’clock studs, burped the last 2 nuts off and used the pipes to wiggle and leverage the tire on/off.
i had a local machine shop drill and tap some 4140 rod for left and right threads to thread onto the studs, but found out that the $120 idea was a bust. The black pipe worked 100x easier. I pulled and put on a tire/wheel in 15 min, including jacking the axle up and rmv/install the lug nuts. Some may be faster than me, but as you, i am a 1man show too and 15 min was better than 1 hr it took without having anything but my tractor/forks and a ratchet strap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks