• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939a2 Axle oil seal replacement/ 5 ton Rockwell axle

dawico

I am in need of axle oil seals for my 923a2. I need to replace all six seals as they all leak and are getting worse. I assume these are also called pinion seals. It is the seals for the shafts that run from axle to axle. The TM says "17010PAFZZ5330-01-023-0269A-1205-U-78500SEAL,PLAIN,ENCASED" which includes the NSN and part number.

While I am at it I need to order two boots for the front axle, preferably zippered. Looking for recommendations on who to order from to get everything I need. What grease works well to install the seals and for the front bearings? Is there anything else I should replace while I am in there? Obviously I will check the bearings and such.

I prefer to do business with members here if that is the best way to go.

Any tips or tricks? Both parts seem pretty straight forward according to the TMs and my searches but info on the pinion seals is lacking.

As always, thank you SS in advance.

dawico

Just so there is no confusion, it is the seal for this part.

uploadfromtaptalk1432518971481.jpg

I am also assuming that the upper section is splash lubricated from the lower section as there is no drain plug for it, nor is it mentioned in the maintenance TM.

I should probably get new drain plugs for the axles too. They are getting a little rounded out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks