• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 axles - What's easier?

grendel

Background, I bought a Marine Corp rear axle with a detroit in it. Backing plate got hammered.

So, what's easier?

Removing the Detroited differential to install into another housing with good backing plates

or

Removing and reinstalling a new backing plate

???

infidel got me

You have to pull both axles to get your chunk out---- so you are half way there--- if you just want to inspect your new axle inerts. I guess it all depends on you, but like I said if it were me, backing plate. You can always flip a coin

sandcobra164

My question is ¨Do you value CTIS?¨ Only reason I ask is the Marines never really had M939A2 trucks. They may have used some signed over from the Army but never truly adopted the platform. I have worked at a facility for years and have never seen one in the system and they did not acknowledge them in the last release of the ¨Motor T Equipment Listing¨ but even the M809 series trucks were listed in it. I am by no means an axle expert but I wonder if the A1 Detroit equipped chunk can fit into an A2 axle with the flat bottom pumpkin. If you put the A1 axle in, it does not have the connections for the CTIS. For me, it would not matter as I have an OIS system on my truck thanks to the gladhand inflation setup. Owner Inflation System is the Unofficial term.

Smike740

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I swapped a Detroit locker into my M923A2 axle with no problem, as mentioned if you want to keep the CTIS this is your only option, otherwise the backing plate swap would be less work.

sandcobra164

Sandcobra-- just wondering my o.i.s. has four flashing lights at times, is this normal? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sarcastically, Read the F´ing Manual! I am not here to answer stuff pointed out in the TM! In reality, I am not sure. My experience only involves use of the mechanical pressure gauge version that displays air pressure when you release the handle.

infidel got me

Good reply, funny stuff. You have one of the updated o.i.s. systems, with the handle on it.

Mine must be an earlier model-- you have to manually hold it to the valve stem.

Now I only have one solid light, is that normal??? lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks