• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 can't manually inflate front tire???

Strouty

On the front tires, it doesn't look like you can reach the inside valve stem without removing the tire.

The tire is holding at 40 PSI, I will check it every couple of days, it took a long time to get down to where it was too low to yard drive. I may try changing the schrader valve core and see what happens, it was really hard to tell where the final leak was since the tire is still on the truck. Once I get it off, I will be able to figure it out and fix it.

Is the turret valve, the part that cones out of the rim?

dawico

A spray bottle of soapy water is your best friend when trying to track down leaks.

I had one with a small leak on the valve "T" where the extension came in. A turn with a wrench and it was fixed.

These tires seem to be notorious for small parts just being loose.

Strouty

I took the spare down yesterday, so I will look at it so I know what you guys are talking about. I will most likely change the tire out and fix the one that is leaking, it seems like the simplest way to deal with the situation.

Has anyone customize the CTIS so that it can be used manually? I was thinking about it and it seems you could fairly easily set it up so that you could manually air up or down using the basic components. My other trucks suspension does that all day long and it doesn't need a computer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks