• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 Civy Trailer hitch build

bigboy44

I wanted to build a hitch for my 923A2 for a while, I kept looking for one that someone had built already so I could get some ideas! I have not found one so here goes!

I am using some plate that I had laying around and it is 1/2". The tube is 3x3x1/4". I have made several adjustments while building it, I would really prefer 3/8" plate but I didn't have any.

I cut the rear frame off a 923 that I want to bob so I will use the frame as a templet to build the hitch. I have most of it cut out and should get it tacked up tomorrow if my back allows it. Here are some pics.

Please let me know what you'll think good or bad, I need advise.DSC00446.jpgDSC00447.jpgDSC00448.jpgDSC00449.jpgDSC00450.jpgDSC00451.jpgDSC00452.jpgDSC00453.jpgDSC00454.jpgDSC00455.jpg

Last edited:

bigboy44

I'm still trying to find out if there is a factory one made that's 29 to 33 inches.
I was looking for one also, I do know a lot of the chassies on other trucks have the same width. The old C60 series Chevy's and some School buses have the same width, but no luck finding one. let me know what you find!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks