• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939a2 Cummins 6CTA8.3 Front Crank Seal and Timing Cover Gasket p/n's

74M35A2

My stock 8.3L engine is starting to leak oil up front and the rear side of the timing case is dry, so I ordered a new replacement Cummins front crank seal and timing cover gasket. Here are the Cummins part numbers for anybody else needing to do the same. These were found from using their free Quickserve website using my engine serial number, then phoning the order in to my local Cummins service center, of which they advised of part number supersede occurrences, so these are current #'s as of this writing:

Front crank seal: 4025270 (standard replacement seal, for standard crank, no wear sleeve present, Teflon seal so install dry)
Front timing cover gasket: 3917780 (thick cardboard, use sealant)

Cummins service manual shows there to be no separate seal carrier like on the newer engines. Procedure: yank the belt, knock the crank damper/pulley off (few internal bolts), zip the timing cover off, bang the old seal out and new in, then reinstall cover using new gasket and sealant on both sides. Says to apply sealant to the OD of the new seal as well before installation into cover.

Simp, add to your Excel chart if you are staying current on it. I have not crossed them to NAPA #'s, if available.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks