• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 Fumoto Oil Drain Valve Install

74M35A2

Bought and installed a Fumoto oil drain valve in my M925A2 (Cummins 8.3). Not sure I like it yet, 50/50. Find myself looking at the oil pressure gauge often now. It is nearly solid brass and located above the front axle, so something would have to protrude up and into it's cavity similar to puncturing the oil pan. Stock drain plug is steel with a copper gasket, built in magnet, 11/16" hex (maybe metric). Fumoto is 3/4" open end wrench, paper gasket. I added a cap to keep it clean. Main objective is to connect a hose to better control the arc when draining hot oil. Bought it on eBay. Not sure I trust it yet, may be giving it away in the free section at next oil change. Orange corded connector above it is 120V oil heating element which the pan has a port to accept.

Attachments

Last edited:

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't sweat it, I've had them installed in autos for over ten years. Been working in big trucks for several years w/ zero issues. Dust cap in a smart idea, keep the bugs out.

Plane Fast

You won't give it away. They work too good! :naner:

Do you happen to have the part number for that heater? Thanks

Oh.. Amazon has them with free shipping, if needed.
image.jpg

Last edited:

74M35A2

Sorry, I don't remember it. I knew you guys were going to ask it. I came up with it just using Google combined with the Zero Start catalog. That catalog is dangerous, lots of fun stuff in there. Nice block heater cord end protectors, connection plates for such, diesel fuel heaters, cab heaters, fuel filter heaters, battery heating pads, etc. Enough stuff to make your power train systems more comfortable than your wife on a cold January morning. http://www.phillipsandtemro.com/userfiles/file/2015 Zerostart Catalog.pdf

74M35A2

Kind of, but you could probably stick one to the underside of the oil pan. Mine had nothing on it, so I didn't fear losing it I guess. A lot of the engine wear parts are non-mag, such as bearing copper, aluminum piston material, etc....

o1951

Kind of, but you could probably stick one to the underside of the oil pan. Mine had nothing on it, so I didn't fear losing it I guess. A lot of the engine wear parts are non-mag, such as bearing copper, aluminum piston material, etc....
Yeah, I know - magnet just makes me feel better. Engines - I figure if cam lobe or lifter, rings, etc decide to start vacating premises, maybe I will see particles and be smart enough to do something before total failure. But then, I have been known to occasionally cut open filters to see what is inside. Saw particles of metal in one once, found out oil pump decided to start redesigning itself. Trans, transfer case, Diffs. Any metal on magnet gets my attention right quick.

MtnSnow

I place a magnet on the oil pan next to the drain plug on all my vehicles with Fumoto valves and when doing a oil service just start it draining and then pull the magnet off the oil pan and let any collected metallic debris come on out with the dirty oil :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks