• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939A2 Truck bed

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member
I have turned the engine up, got a pyro gauge, replaced fuel return valve with adjustable one, getting ready to go with 395's and next is to toss the flatbed off to shave some weight. How much does that flatbed on the back weigh around? Need to haul a backhoe (9,000 lbs) 1200 miles and I believe sticking to the highways off the interstate would be the way to go. Not my first time to do such a thing.

ToddJK

One idea to help mitigate mindless drivers coming up on you too quickly, if it's legal to do so, add a strobe beacon 🚨 to warn them of your presence and speed. Comes in handy too in bad weather when visibility is low. May help put your mind at ease when traveling at lower speeds on back roads and interstates alike.

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member
One idea to help mitigate mindless drivers coming up on you too quickly, if it's legal to do so, add a strobe beacon 🚨 to warn them of your presence and speed. Comes in handy too in bad weather when visibility is low. May help put your mind at ease when traveling at lower speeds on back roads and interstates alike.
Living out here there isn’t anyone coming up your rear unless it’s me in my 5 ton, I actually am the one catching people driving down these gravel roads to town faster than the locals of the 50 miles out here. Though when traveling to another town over that is a good idea.

Weldman

Decommissioned
Staff member
Tiger Pass, Snoqualmie Pass, Lookout Pass, Homestake Pass, Bozeman Pass and 4th of July Pass. So make that 6 passes, might be a 7th one in there. I've done all 6 in the dead of winter in an emergency in my semi, talk about misery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks