• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M952 - New to Me

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning Folks well I have made my BIG step UP in the MV world and a huge thanks Glen from Salina KS for making it possible, I have become a 5 ton owner. I arrived in Salina last wed. afternoon with my co-driver Greg to meet Glen and pick up my new to me M-925, the first thing I noticed is Good grief this truck is HUGE, then move on to the normal pre trip checks, all looked better than I would have expected, the motor looks to be extremely fresh if I were to guess it looks to have less than 4K miles on it, all fluids looked fresh and were all at the top of full. Thursday AM we hit the road back to ND the first 200 miles everything ran perfect, (little problem with t he soft top) we averaged by the end of the trip 5.7 MPG which I thought pretty acceptable, everything on the truck ran awesome we ran the trip at 2050 RPM and that made about 55 mph. NOW I have a lot to learn its like starting out from the begining with the Deuce, except this one is a LOT bigger! Hope you enjoy the pics folks and Happy Holidays
KK

Attachments

Very nice, congratulations on your elevation to a 5-ton. Good looking trucks, the only thing I would do is pull that explosives placard off the grill and mount it on the wall of the garage for a souvenir.

deuceman51

Karl,
You always seem to luck out and get great trucks. I know it's a heck of a fine for running with a mis-plackarded vehicle so you will definately want to take off or change the plackards. I have a collection of them hanging in my shop. Awesome truck buddy.

Bighurt

Nice addition. Glad the trip went well. Good to have another in the state.

I hope you plan to change the color motif. Personally I can't stand that combo. I myself plan to return mine to standard 3 color.

Talk to you later.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys ALL credit goes to Glen on this one, I could not have done any of this without his help and assistance!
KK

91W350

That is a fine truck, the best M925 I have seen. It does not photo well, those browns just do not look so great. It had a small ding in the right head light area and the right bumper was tweaked a little. I scrounged my way through about 60 trucks and felt like this was the best one they had available. I took a bunch of photos and sent a load to Karl. He bought it right! He is below scrap and tire price, awesome buy! Everything was nice and dry, the engine looked like it had just been rebuilt, the weakest part was the seat covers.

Recovering it for Karl was a breeze, fired it up, everything worked. All fluids were good to go and pressures were great. We did not check the differentials for the 60 miles home, but there was no sign of leakage or ever being drained. I was pretty confident they were full and good to go. I did not get to drive it, recruited a young GI for that task. He had an enormous smile... kind of like the one Karl was wearing when he left.

It was a pleasure Karl and I am still in debt to you for your assistance on my deuce recovery!

It seemed like a waste to run it home empty, so we attached a M105, I sure hope we did not overload your baby....

Glen

Attachments

emr

Wonderful truck and all the best, i have had one for about 8 years now and have to say i sure love it, all the best, if i can answer any questions , i am no expert but have a few years behind the wheel and studied and worked on her, there are e few difference in Her from an A2, like when U shift the front end in,, worth reading up on, I personally think the most important thing to do in this truck is a complete stop and let her finish shifting before going from drive to reverse, there are actually no weakness's in the trans, just misunderstandings, Oh and as for if u get the chance to enter a tractor pull, just put her in 1-5 and floor it and that sled will be pulled all the way into the parking lot faster than any other MV can do it, :) and the poor guy in the sled probably got whip lash when she shifted though the gears roaring away ... :)... My ol" 813 did it easy too but it was like watching paint dry as dragged that thing down the lane... all the best... :)

dynodave1

Well the smile posted by 91W350 kind of says it all. Thanks for being a Great American Karl and thanks for all of your support, you deserve this fine 5ton.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the positive comments guys AND thanks for NOT Roasting me on my mis-type on the titel I do know that its a 925 NOT a 952, What the heck is a 952? I have not a clue!!!
KK

Bighurt

Thanks for the positive comments guys AND thanks for NOT Roasting me on my mis-type on the titel I do know that its a 925 NOT a 952, What the heck is a 952? I have not a clue!!!
KK
I thought about it but figured it didn't matter, there is no M952 as of yet. I suppose you could put a M36 bed on a M916 chassis...

MRAP DREAM GIRL

Sure is an awesome ride:drool: I love the big square front end and that would be my first choice as my MV, but I'm going to have to get a deuce instead. Being a girl, everyone seems to think a truck that size, will be too big for me, and I don't have a CDL. Totally jealous!!!:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks