• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M977 fuel system TMs

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I sure think I have a complete set of TMS for my M977 HEMTT but cannot find anything directly about how to bleed the fuel system? My truck has the 8V92 in it and I ran it out of fuel by not paying close enough attention to what I was doing. Now I need to reprime/bleed the fuel system and I cannot find anything in the TMs directly concerning this operation?
Does anybody have the TM # that relates to this please?
Thanks much

Guyfang

Staff member
This has always been a HEMTT problem. From Day One. Some of the first HEMTT's to hit the streets here in Germany, were to the Patriot units. We had incredible problems with fuel systems. I was in a DS Maintenance unit, and my people were at first overloaded with helping our supported unit for HEMTT's. Our fix, for bleeding the fuel system was this. We took a fuel tank cap, punched a hole through it, epoxied an air fitting in the hole, and used truck air pressure to bleed the system. Keep NTD's warning of 2 PSI close to heart. No more then that. We blew out a bunch of of the water separator bowls in the beginning. If I had a HEMTT, one of these caps would be in my OVM box, that's for sure.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks much guys I will stand advised on the 2 psi max into the fuel system. I also run trucks with of course Cummins and CAT and of course they both have hand primer/bleeders on them, WHY cant Detroit do the same?
Thanks again guys!