• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M977 HEMTT radiator

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys I am requesting an assist in locating a radiator for my M977 Hemtt, I have an email into Eastern Surplus no reply back yet but I am also looking for some alternatives in case they come back with a negative answer. Do you guys have any suggestions on where one of these may be available and it doesn't have to be brass core I am just fine with aluminum and I would prefer NOS, I would sure hate to put a used one in and find its got the same trouble as my old one, its leaking between the core and the lower tank. Any good suggestions are sure appreciated!
Thanks much
Karl

Wile E. Coyote

has one on their ebay page listed as New. Might give you a better deal than that price.

"NOS HEMTT RADIATOR M977, M978, M983, M984, M984A1, M985 Radiator 01-56 – SECO Parts and Equipment" https://secoparts.net/products/nos-...78-m983-m984-m984a1-m985-radiator-01-562-7182
Dredging this issue up again as I found one of those exact NOS radiators on Ebay that SECO has...every detail is precisely the same...and it won't fit a HEMTT. Even if you try to just use the core and salvage the top and bottom tanks off of your dead original rad - it still won't work - because the one SECO is selling is too short, and too narrow - by about 10" or so in both dimensions.

I'm not familiar with the Cat C15s in the A4 trucks so maybe the SECO type rad is for trucks with the Cat - but it *certainly* won't work with anything that has the 8V92 in it (A0 --> A2.)

That NSN found on the SECO rads doesn't come back to anything useful either. Usually you get a UOC which leads you to the End Item but...not here. Even running the Modine industrial number gets you nothing as to what the hell it's off of. My *guess* is that it's from the Cat-equipped HEMTTs - but SECO might want to make a note saying that vs. saying it fits "all body types" and all versions of the trucks, although in their defense they do say 'Late Style' ... which still comes across a bit...Caveat Emptor.

Anyone know where to get a decent takeout rad or even a good core? Some outfit was scrapping them out awhile ago (though I think they're all in a recap program for FMS customers now) - or anyone parting one out?

I should take pics of the core I have with the top and bottom tanks off. In all the years of wrench-bending I've done I have *never* seen a worse core. The bottom tank had more sand than the entirety of Iraq.

Guyfang

Staff member
has one on their ebay page listed as New. Might give you a better deal than that price.

"NOS HEMTT RADIATOR M977, M978, M983, M984, M984A1, M985 Radiator 01-56 – SECO Parts and Equipment" https://secoparts.net/products/nos-...78-m983-m984-m984a1-m985-radiator-01-562-7182
FEDLOG says; NSN 01-562-7182 fits:

END ITEM IDENTIFICATIONCHEMA4 HEMTT

And thats all it says. So it simply will not fit your truck. Having had to replace both types of radiators, they are not even a little bit close to being the same. Whats the NSN for the M977?

Wile E. Coyote

FEDLOG says; NSN 01-562-7182 fits:

END ITEM IDENTIFICATIONCHEMA4 HEMTT

And thats all it says. So it simply will not fit your truck. Having had to replace both types of radiators, they are not even a little bit close to being the same. Whats the NSN for the M977?
Ah, so the SECO rad is for the A4 HEMTT as suspected. That listing didn't come up for me. Weird.

For M977 / M985 A0 trucks like my one in the yard, the NSN is 2930-01-132-0978 for the complete assy, and the core itself is 2930-01-133-9954 . Both carry an Oshkosh part number but the radiators and replacement cores seem to be subcontracted to a company called Modine in Racine, WI.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I
Ah, so the SECO rad is for the A4 HEMTT as suspected. That listing didn't come up for me. Weird.

For M977 / M985 A0 trucks like my one in the yard, the NSN is 2930-01-132-0978 for the complete assy, and the core itself is 2930-01-133-9954 . Both carry an Oshkosh part number but the radiators and replacement cores seem to be subcontracted to a company called Modine in Racine, WI.
Shows Go Dan industries in CT and Thermasys in Wisconsin as well

Go Dan # X-3438

GO Dan has made construction radiators for a good many years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks