• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M984 wrecker accesories. What to do with them?

mcshooter79

Hello all,
I was recently given allot of accessories from, I believe, an M984 wrecker. I am keeping some of the universal stuff like the vice, the snatch block, dog bone, and the axle clamps but most of the rest of the stuff I don't know what to do with it and I will probably haul it to the scrap yard or possibly post it to the classified. I don't know how many of the M984s are in civilian hands or if any of this stuff has much value. There are spades and spade poles. There are a number of brackets that I can't identify. There are these rubber belt/bumper things.

I do have an 816 and I'm looking for advice on what, if anything, I should keep and what use it might for that wrecker. I am also looking for advice on whether there is any market for the stuff that I have no use for or should I just scrap it?

Thanks all

Attachments

sandcobra164

The spade in the center of the first picture would lead me to believe M984 HEMMT Wrecker BII. The adapters for the underlift are the same as the M1089 trucks with the round style crosstube underlift but I haven't personally seen one in private ownership and have seen very few M984's in private hands. I also know MTVR's MK36's use the same adapters but I not sure if anyone has one yet. Not much of it is useful for your M816 but I'm sure there is a market for the items, albeit limited.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have most of the same gear (and a M816) but will eventually be making a stinger add on for my M916A1 with the ground spades etc. I have the cross tube but no ball/socket knuckle yet.
Echoing the above comments; M984s in private hands - I have only heard of a couple and no forecast of others being released.

There is a lot of weight in that pile but unsure on current scrap prices.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't scrap anything until you see what everything is and post pics of each piece.

There could be some in there that is impossible for some us to find and need.

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The spade in the center of the first picture would lead me to believe M984 HEMMT Wrecker BII. The adapters for the underlift are the same as the M1089 trucks with the round style crosstube underlift
Hadn't noticed M1089's with a round cross tube - live and learn I guess.
M884 vs M1089.png

sandcobra164

The newer M1089's have a round crosstube and use the same adapters as the M984's. Attached are photos of one of my crews M1089A1P2 in the National Guard. I ran this truck for a few years before moving up but it still has the name inspired by Ferroequinologist's personal wrecker stenciled on the right rear. I've worked with the ones like you've pictured as well.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks