• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M984 Wrecker Hydraulic issues

Sparck1986

So im working on a M984 Wrecker i changed out the manifuld for the lifting cylinders and their is no air in the system but it wont operate or do anything unless its in emergency over ride mode has anyone have had the same issue i dont think its an electrical so i would like to know if you have an advice or a tm i could have missed their is no leaks and i havent done a flow meter check yet

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
THE overload bypass valve is stuck or bad, the emergency over ride mode should bypass the overload valve

Last edited:

Sparck1986

im looking in the TM what is it called in the TM and what manual did you find it if you could plz so i can narrow it down

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
im looking in the TM what is it called in the TM and what manual did you find it if you could plz so i can narrow it down
I can not do that at the moment, but that is what the emg. override mode is for.

73m819

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
This truck should have electromechanical overload safety systems (pressure switches, electric solenoid valves). A bad sender (pressure switch), a bad wire, a bad ground, a bad solenoid valve, a bad power source, any of these can give you a NON OP condition. The EMG. BYPASS MODE does what the name says, BYPASSES the normal safety systems.

Last edited:

Sparck1986

Ok so i figured out what the problem was their is a control box on the right side by all the controls it has an on off switch with a bunch of wires coming out of the back well the whole box went bad replace it if you run into these problem it runs about $2,000 dollars but it fixed all the issues the truck was having thanks for the help 73m819 i hope this helps other soldiers having the same issue

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks