• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M988 glow plug Wait light issue

EnteJager

Searched and read accordingly.

Wait light and glow plugs previously worked fine, then nothing.

Rotating switch to glow plug position "wait light" illuminates for a split second. No power to glow plugs (mulimetered)

Disconnected batteries prior to all wok accomplished.

Installed brand new batteries

Ohm'd all glow plugs(okay) then replaced all with new ones.

Replaced PCB (was green with green sticker) with a brand NOS PCB (silver sticker) and GPC matched set in box.

Installed Kascar ground harness (cleaned all ground points accordingly)

Cleaned all plugs and dielectric grease connectors. GPC plug and both connectors of PCB.

Am I missing anything? before I drop the cash on a new eess from kasar. Anyone know where I can get one cheaper?

Thanks
Dave

EnteJager

Dropped the cash on a new eess smart start and now everything works as advertised. With everything I went thru its a well checked out system.LOL

EnteJager

M988 snow.jpg

Couldn't find much else out there. Picked up a new in the box black silver label, no go. Just happy to be able to drive on cold days again.

Last edited:

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 553081

Couldn't find much else out there. Picked up a new in the box black silver label, no go. Just happy to be able to drive on cold days again.
black box silver label is not an EESS, it's a PCB protective control box that requires a glow plug controller in the water crossover...not the same as an EESS S3 and TSU.

the standard for all trucks is EESS...be it S3 or yellow label EESS with TSU by Nartron or KDS.

EnteJager

black box silver label is not an EESS, it's a PCB protective control box that requires a glow plug controller in the water crossover...not the same as an EESS S3 and TSU.

the standard for all trucks is EESS...be it S3 or yellow label EESS with TSU by Nartron or KDS.

Yes, I know the difference between a PCB and EESS. #1 and #2 explain that I bought a new EESS from a vendor and now everything works as advertised. I bought a Black silver label PCB that was supposedly new in the box and it did not work. That is why I dropped the cash on the EESS. After going thru the whole system.

Last edited:

EnteJager

oh...ok, I will remind myself not to respond to your posts.

Really....? I was just letting you know your post was misguided. I try to read all the threads before I post up and try to school someone.:mrgreen:

Feel free to comment, I don't get mad or take it personal.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks