• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M988 - Military Tire replacement and balancing near Philadelphia, PA

JetbikeAnt

Hello All,

I need two tires taken off my rims and two put back on with run-flats and balancing. I'm near Philly PA. I really do not want to do this one myself. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know for me here it is just a matter of finding the right person at a tire shop. Some will try to argue that it's a split rim and unsafe for them to work on, which just proves they are ignorant. It's a 2 piece or multi piece rim, not split.
Problem with balancing is finding a shop with a big enough balancer. I drive my truck with tires that aren't balanced, I have Centramatic balancers behind the wheel, so as long as they aren't too far out everything is fine.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know for me here it is just a matter of finding the right person at a tire shop. Some will try to argue that it's a split rim and unsafe for them to work on, which just proves they are ignorant. It's a 2 piece or multi piece rim, not split.
Problem with balancing is finding a shop with a big enough balancer. I drive my truck with tires that aren't balanced, I have Centramatic balancers behind the wheel, so as long as they aren't too far out everything is fine.
Coug is 100% on this. I also have Centrimatics!

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
also to add, a lot of these tires come from the military out of round from sitting in one location for far too long. You can't eliminate the bouncy ride from out of round tires by balancing. Usually only happens to tires that had weight on them from a truck or something like that, not ones just sitting in a warehouse.
All 4 of my tires were out of round when I picked up my truck, and had to be replaced for a smooth ride. My trailer doesn't seem to care about them being a little out of round though.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks