• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M989A1 recovery and towing tips.

Plane Fast

Well I'm sitting out side Hunter army airfield, because the Ironplanet "guy" will not answer the phone!!!!

When I say I'm going to be there at 8:00. I'm going to be there!aua

M920

Well I'm sitting out side Hunter army airfield, because the Ironplanet "guy" will not answer the phone!!!!

When I say I'm going to be there at 8:00. I'm going to be there!aua
It's called "Iron PLANET".....not "Iron RELIABILITY"......lol I'm sure he will be there.

Good luck with your haul....I picked one up a few weeks ago at Ft. Carson, Co and had to drag it over 3 mountain passes in a blizzard.... :( Mine towed great!

Soni

Plane Fast

He just called. He said he forgot to charge his phone. Oh and he's 1 1/2hr out!!!!!!!!!!

government liquidation did the same. So I should not be surprised.

Plane Fast

It's called "Iron PLANET".....not "Iron RELIABILITY"......lol I'm sure he will be there.

Good luck with your haul....I picked one up a few weeks ago at Ft. Carson, Co and had to drag it over 3 mountain passes in a blizzard.... :( Mine towed great!

Soni
Yikes! No snow for me. It was a nice sunrise over the marshes here in Savannah

Plane Fast

Well I'm on my way back to FLA. Trailer pulls super easy. Two tires are not as good as I would like (dry). Needs some paint and decking. Not to bad for $770.
Truck is running good. Rear hub and diff are running hotter then the rest. 125* hub and 160*diff. Air temp 86*
Now for some lunch of champions!

Attachments

Another Ahab

Well I'm on my way back to FLA. Trailer pulls super easy. Two tires are not as good as I would like (dry). Needs some paint and decking. Not to bad for $770.
Truck is running good. Rear hub and diff are running hotter then the rest. 125* hub and 160*diff. Air temp 86*
Now for some lunch of champions!
That's one good looking trailer.

Plane Fast

Well I made it home! 810 mile round trip in 21hrs. I averaged 7.6mpg empty and 7.0 withe the trailer.
Trailer pull nice up until the end. It started raining and I guess the lack of traction, caused the tire to wonder. It was shaking its tale good. Only did it when it was wet. Dry pavement there was very little movement. I will have to rebuild the brake canisters.(leaking) I also have a bad tire vib on my M923 at 42 to 50. I think it is the front right.
Thanks for the help and advice guys! I'll post some pics tomorrow. (Man this trailer is BIG)