• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M989A1 Trailer, Ft Drum Loading Questions

dk8019

Won a M989A1 trailer up at Drum today. Question about the loading, since these are air brake trailers, I assume they forklift these into place on the trailer for shipment?

Thanks!

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can cage the brakes to move them around.

I have no idea what GP does to load them at ft drum. Elsewhere (Ft Polk for example), no loading assistance is availale. Perhaps a call to GP'S customer service would yield an answer.

Plane Fast

Hmm, I'm betting there's no help at Polk, I'll call in the AM and check though. I'll post up in the transportation section and see if I find any takers there if I need it pulled home.

Is it in Ft Drum or Ft Polk? That would making picking it up interesting!:mrgreen:

Brakes would be easy to cage. You would not be able to backup the trailer onto a flat bed though. Even with the lock pin in for the steering. There is too much movement in the steering for something that precise. If they have a good size fork lift. You can pick one up without doing damage.

Last edited:

RobertoGatos

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had good luck backing it up exactly where I like. Don't think it would be a problem loading a trailer with a loading dock.