• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M997A2 Ambulance rear steps

johniz1967

Does anyone know if I could buy the M997A2 Ambulance rear steps or if there are drawings / plans for someone to use to build a set. I may try to make a set myself. These are the some pictures and diagrams I have found that I may use to try to build a set.

Attachments

spankybear

Where you at in Washington? Could you take some measurements and make a drawing?
Wet side (noted by rain drops on steps) If you are in Everett I am just East of you in Skykomish valley (East Snoho county) Is yours the one that was on Facebook market place in Woodinville/Bothell? There was also one seen on a trailer in Monroe. or is yours another. There seems to be a few up here. Message me here and we can talk. Do you have the ability to weld aluminum?

I was going to make rear steps but found one for sale. To make one you will need a way to bend 1/4" plate aluminum and weld of course. The "frame" was the only part I was not able to find. All the other parts can be found (or was when I looked) from a number of places. to make the frame you would need 3 pieces of plate. One is square (more or less) so no issue. The 2 side pieces are same shape but holes are not the same. One pattern would work for both. I don't think I could make a drawing that people would understand for the side plates. Angles are the bane of my life... (that and King county drivers)

What I would do is make a pattern for the sides and cut them sides out. Band saw, laser cutter or plasma cutter, whatever you have access to... Bend the main plate and weld. The find the parts and build it. I don't think it would be that hard.

What are you doing for the rear doors? I made mine and have pics in my M997A2 thread.

Last edited:

johniz1967

Wet side (noted by rain drops on steps) If you are in Everett I am just East of you in Skykomish valley (East Snoho county) Is yours the one that was on Facebook market place in Woodinville/Bothell? There was also one seen on a trailer in Monroe. or is yours another. There seems to be a few up here. Message me here and we can talk. Do you have the ability to weld aluminum?

I was going to make rear steps but found one for sale. To make one you will need a way to bend 1/4" plate aluminum and weld of course. The "frame" was the only part I was not able to find. All the other parts can be found (or was when I looked) from a number of places. to make the frame you would need 3 pieces of plate. One is square (more or less) so no issue. The 2 side pieces are same shape but holes are not the same. One pattern would work for both. I don't think I could make a drawing that people would understand for the side plates. Angles are the bane of my life... (that and King county drivers)

What I would do is make a pattern for the sides and cut them sides out. Band saw, laser cutter or plasma cutter, whatever you have access to... Bend the main plate and weld. The find the parts and build it. I don't think it would be that hard.

What are you doing for the rear doors? I made mine and have pics in my M997A2 thread.

Hello and thank you for the write-up. I am helping work on this one. I think it was the one in Woodinville and it has been towed to a shop in Monroe a few times. We made rear doors out of plywood then bought the actual doors but they have no hardware.

I am in Everett and would like to come visit sometime and take some measurements of your rear steps. You can email me at johniz1967 at yahoo

spankybear

Hello and thank you for the write-up. I am helping work on this one. I think it was the one in Woodinville and it has been towed to a shop in Monroe a few times. We made rear doors out of plywood then bought the actual doors but they have no hardware.

I am in Everett and would like to come visit sometime and take some measurements of your rear steps. You can email me at johniz1967 at yahoo
I sent you an email...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks