• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998 200 AMP generator upgrade installed but is not charging

E17

Hi.... Need help I upgraded from a 60 amp to a 200 amp generator and it won't charge my batter , I installed 2 new batteries but still not charging ,changed the regulator and still not charging ? I replaced the generator and still no charge Pleas help.

Last edited:

jeffy777

Hi.... Need help I upgraded from a 60 amp to a 200 amp generator and it won't charge my batter , I installed 2 new batteries but still not charging ,changed the regulator and still not charging ? I replaced the generator and still no charge Pleas help.
Not trying to sound stupid here but are you using the gauge to say you are charging? If that is you only evidence than the gauge may have gone bad. It appears like you have replaced a lot of stuff. So what was the original problem. And what was your steps. My assumption is it did not start. And the assumption would lead me to believe the order of events are slightly different than you describe.

Thanks

E17

my 60 amp voltage reg whent bad it was sending out to much voltage nearly started a fire in the battery compartment .that led to damaging the smart start box , so i figured an uppgrade would be best , but now left wth this problem

Ang2gna

Maybe have your batteries bench tested. If your 60 amp regulator almost started a fire and damaged your smart box they may be bad and showing yellow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mechanicjim

if you got a Niehoff they have trouble shooting guides for their alternators on their website under service and support, Niehoff part numbers start with N****,