• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 6.2L Y-Pipe

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My M998 with 6.2L cracked the y pipe at both flanges meeting the exhaust manifold. I did add a fording exhaust several years ago with the correct under fender brace and all the hardware that it calls for. Muffler and and its extension pipe are all good and solid.

I do not have any vibrations that I can feel while driving it and I recently drove it on the highway an hour each way with no issues except it was noisier and I now know why. :-(

How common is the failure of this item?

I have found one for sale with OE sticker with the correct nsn 2990-01-187-7168 and part number 12338351 and it states REV A. How do you know the latest revision for a part number or nsn?

Does anyone know what is the upgrade/difference on Rev A?

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I’ve got a related question. My M998 was upgraded to a 6.5L (by the army), which Y-pipe do I have? I suspect it’s the 6.2L, but I’m not sure.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe they are the same. Double check me as I have not worked on a 6.5.
I saw a listing for a different y pipe for the 6.5 turbo.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also think the 6.2 and the 6.5NA have the same exhaust system, doubt any changes were needed when only adding 300CC and very few if any HP.
Something must have been out of alignment placing a load on the flanges, I have not ever heard this is a weak point.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
6.2 /6.5na same basic Y pipe...there was a galvanized one and a stainless one...same shape...4 spd trucks had a shorter muffler with a Cat..
Turbo trucks have a single down pipe.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks