• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 bench seating options for rear middle seats

fuelme

I have a 1995 M998 and would be curious to see ideas for middle bench seating between back seats. I am looking for more seating in the vehicle to haul around my younger kids - so the bench must have seat belt option or availability.

Anyone have one for sale?

Thanks-

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set of troop seats benches and backs for the 2 man configuration but they are heavy and Michigan is a way...

Send me a PM if interested.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Royalpower beat me to it. Thecaptain's HMMWV has a back seat from a Suzuki Samurai. Rear Jeep CJ seats would also likely work. You can pay top dollar for new, or if you're near a salvage yard score something more affordable. You will want to add some brackets for the seats to bolt to for added strength. That high up and with nothing in front of them but a dash a long way away, it follows that some seat belts are a good idea too.
Bulldogger

Thecaptain

Very true Bulldogger. Also, securing the seat to the tunnel can be tricky to get the mounts to line up on flat surfaces - some light fabrication work will likely be required. Let me know if I can help in any way!