• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Differential Rebuild (Torsen VS ARB Air Lockers)

WhoMe08721

Hey Guy,

So my front differential is starting to leak in multiple spot. So it's time to pull the differential and rebuild them this summer. My question is when I am in the diffs is it worth the money and time to upgrade to ARB Air Lockers (ARB Air Locker - RD187 AMC 20 2.73 & Down). I know that the hummer has Torson Diffs and they need to be tricked into locking up by the braking method. But I find they don't work that great when in deep mud. I installed (3) ARB Air lockers In my M35A2 about 7years ago and it was the best upgrade ever. The truck is so much better off road in mud, snow, and sand. So I was wondering if any one has installed air locker in there m998 and do they like them better then the Torson Diffs. Also any one know a good fully submersible waterproof heavy duty air compressor. I was think of trying this one https://kleinn.com/product/model-6450rc-100-duty-cycle-air-compressor/

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hummer H1 has logged 300,000 plus miles on 7k axles and basic diffs. He fords water and pulls other vehicles to safety. He indicates he has never wanted or needed more than BTM.

Spend lots of $$$ if you want, but why?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks