• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Front Winch Bumper Options...

4r troops

I just read your post on the frame brackets needed for the mile marker winch plate! Could you give me any leads as to where I can locate a pair? Two days looking and no luck...

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have put up to Warn 18k's on a front bumper. The bumper was just a piece of 4x4 tubing with a plate welded on it to mount the winch. Simple. I am making another one that will be awesome. You can mount any 24v winch Warn makes on it and have hood clearance. I borrowed a 998 for a week to design accessories. So if you want a M15000 or a series 9 - 18 it will work. You can mount a hydraulic in it too! It is a mod between the IBIS Tek and a warn ascent. I will have some pics soon. ascent.png

Augi

I believe the warn winches are too wide to mount between the frame rails on the mile marker bracket. That's why the warn bracket sticks out the front.

The 12v tap of the 200a alternator is rated for 50a.

Augi

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Warn 12k winch has a 9k limiter for this application. It is designed for self recovery only! Just about every 12k and up will pull over 200 amps under load so 12 volts is out of the question for a DC winch on this vehicle.

For example
12V DC PERFORMANCE SPECS (first layer of drum)
Line Pull
Lbs.(Kgs.)
Line Speed
FT./min(M/min.)
Motor
Current
032.9 (10.02)57 amps
2000 (910)15.1 (4.6)132 amps
4000 (1810)9.9 (3.01)200 amps
6000 (2720)8.9 (2.71)261 amps
8000 (3630)7.8 (2.37)321 amps
10000 (4536)5.4 (1.64)381 amps
12000 (5440)4.5 (1.37)446 amps

jlvelezii

use thread tools

Following

No need to add a non info post to a thread, simply look up and above the 1st post and you will notice,
open it and then hit subscribe to this thread,
you will then be able to pick how and when you are notified when new posts are made.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al Capone

Years ago I ran a 12 volt winch on my m715 24 volt system. One battery had duel posts and one battery in a 24 volt system will still be 12 volts off the extra set of terminals . Isn't this correct. Who has mile marker bumpers and brackets for sale ?

gestut

The mikemarker winch does require two brackets plus the winch bumper itself. I think I paid $85 for the pair of brackets.

You will also need the hydraulic lines that plumb the mile marker winch into the hydroboost system. As well as the electrical controls for the winch itself.

Unless you already have the 200 amp dual output alternator check into the cost of conversion on that as well. That can be pretty pricy too. Plus a battery and mount plus you have to cobble some sort of bumper to hold the winch.
I know this is a old thread , but i just acquired a mile marker 24v electric winch not hydraulic, what brackets are you reffering to? i have a2 style bumper now, which bumper did you have. not sure what i will need to make this work, but it seems like it will work with the plate/bumper i have this is the bumper/plate i have currently, thx

Attachments

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How far out do the A2 winch extension brackets move the winch plate? I've been seriously considering adding a winch to my A2 truck but wondering about approach angles and stuff like that.

gestut

How far out do the A2 winch extension brackets move the winch plate? I've been seriously considering adding a winch to my A2 truck but wondering about approach angles and stuff like that.
Yeah i have the same question. You think it would already be there with the a2 bumper

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A2 bumper on 1123's, 1097a2's, don't have winch extensions...only plate.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks