• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 FUEL FILTER LOCATION (In-LINE)

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
where would I happen to find the in-line fuel filter? The picture in the manual looks like it is behind the air filter? Is that true?
So there is a little fuel filter device behind the air filter, that is the fuel tank vent filter, to allow the tank to equalize to atmospheric pressure.

For the fuel line itself, it comes out of the tank, through a check valve in line just in front of the fuel tank, then up to the fuel pump. From fuel pump it goes to the large fuel/water separator, and then the injection pump.

Action

where would I happen to find the in-line fuel filter? The picture in the manual looks like it is behind the air filter? Is that true?
Find the emergency brake handle. Put it down. There are 2 bolts in the firewall, near the end of the ebrake handle. Those 2 bolts hold the fuel filter in the engine compartment.

Iambiig

So there is a little fuel filter device behind the air filter, that is the fuel tank vent filter, to allow the tank to equalize to atmospheric pressure.

For the fuel line itself, it comes out of the tank, through a check valve in line just in front of the fuel tank, then up to the fuel pump. From fuel pump it goes to the large fuel/water separator, and then the injection pump.
Excellent, thank you

osteo16

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only fuel filter I know is top right inside the engine compartment.. Attached to firewall left of windshield fluid reservoir tank.. Big, silver canister.. Like the above said, that filter behind air cleaner is vent for tank..

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
The only fuel filter I know is top right inside the engine compartment.. Attached to firewall left of windshield fluid reservoir tank.. Big, silver canister.. Like the above said, that filter behind air cleaner is vent for tank..
Where are you standing? lol I know... but the new guy might not.

Front and center, CAMO

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
#1 in the "picture"
fuel filter.jpg
BTW this is in the TMs that you should be getting familiar with, there is a "sticky" to the link to download all the TMs you should need.
Also this came up in a 2 second web search for "HMMWV fuel filter location"

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Driver side, front wheel well...on my tilpy toes..facing rear😂😂
Yes, one of the many position of the HMMWV specific Kama Sutra, I like to call BOHICA. Just when she is driving well, it’s time to get ready for BOHICA.