• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 fuses ? circuit breaker ?

mthndz

My local PD has a surplus M998 and the battery terminals were shorted out by someone who should not have touched the vehicle. Anyway, are there either fuses or circuit breakers to check. When I turn to it to run position, the light for glow plug wont even turn on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Verify the batteries are now connected properly and both are good and hot. If the headlights are operable, see if the truck will turn over with the starter. If so, the protective control box could be ruined.

rhinob

So, where are the circuit breakers on these early machines. For all the talk on these threads, they sure are difficult to find. Help?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only circuit breaker is for lighting only and it is inside the three lever switch

Edit: incorrect, see below post

Last edited:

rhinob

Fold your windshield over and clean or bypass the contacts.
We have a winner! All tidy now and they work great! Thanks for the help!

Added note: When reassembled, the wipers were intermittent when I would gently flex the windshield fore and aft. Turns out the contacts needed a very thin wave washer on top of each contact to make a good connection, 100% of the time. The protruding centers of the contacts should hold the washers in place. Just FYI.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kaz

Fold your windshield over and clean or bypass the contacts.
We have a winner! All tidy now and they work great! Thanks for the help!

Added note: When reassembled, the wipers were intermittent when I would gently flex the windshield fore and aft. Turns out the contacts needed a very thin wave washer on top of each contact to make a good connection, 100% of the time. The protruding centers of the contacts should hold the washers in place. Just FYI.
Thank you NDT and rhrinob! I have to check this and see if I've got the same crap going on.