• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 LED Lights

MerchantMarine

I purchased LED headlights to replace my headlights and the new lights have a male plug (3 per light) and the truck has the male plug as well. Is this normal? Is there a male to female adapter that I can purchase?
Thanks

Action

the headlight bucket has 3 plastic "male" pieces. they are male on bothe sides. your lights hook to the front and the harness hooks to the back.
what were the old headlights plugged into?

folks get confused on the terms. a rubber male connector will have a metal female inside. and a rubber female will have a metal male inside.
We know what you meant though.

Action

TM 9-2320-280-20-1

try 3 screws on the front of the headlight retaining ring. Pull it off. the headlight will flop out. pull the wires from the back of the "bucket" Metal tags on the wires. put the same number wire back on the same stud.

Royalpower

TM 9-2320-280-20-1

try 3 screws on the front of the headlight retaining ring. Pull it off. the headlight will flop out. pull the wires from the back of the "bucket" Metal tags on the wires. put the same number wire back on the same stud.
I just replaced my this weekend it I would say this is fair representation of the process. Just make sure you line up the numbers. Also, the light has a label which says Top. Don't replace the bucket, more trouble then it's worth.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks