• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998/m1102 camping with kids atv and motocross

bflysure

m998/m1102 trans help ?

new purchase and new to the forum. Hello everyone.... i bought a 1998 m998 and a 2009 m1102 trailer. I am trying to make this setup highway worthy to pull mx bikes and atv with kids for camping. at least 70 with no stress to the system. I found a new company that is offering turbo add ons in the next 6 months for the 6.5na (still under development) since whipple supercharger no longer an option. I am looking to load this with 3 motocross bikes and 2 atv (kids size). i already know how to stage.

what i cant figure out is upgrading the trans in the the EASIEST way possible. i am not looking for holeshot strength but the easiest plug and play option to upgrade the 3 gear dinosaur. something that wont stress motor at 70mph.

I appreciate your time and forgive me if this was covered previously

"fight like **** to keep the wolves away"

Attachments

Last edited:

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome aboard. I’m sure a lot of your questions can be answered when you get a chance to do some reading in the HMMWV section. Keep us posted with photos as you build the rig.

Wire Fox

For "easy," I'd do the 4L80E with an aftermarket shift computer. It's still not easy, but there is certainly less wires and sensors to put together that way.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

infidel got me

Speed and easy is not cheap.

Speed, easy and reliable-- I'd go with a 700r4.

That's what I'm putting in mine within a few months.

R & r the old in with the new-- no driveshaft/cross member mess..

The best thing is no 4l80 computer that will leave you stuck and poor

Dock Rocker

Speed and easy is not cheap.

Speed, easy and reliable-- I'd go with a 700r4.

That's what I'm putting in mine within a few months.

R & r the old in with the new-- no driveshaft/cross member mess..

The best thing is no 4l80 computer that will leave you stuck and poor
Have you sourced the TV / kickckdown cable bracket for any of the Diesel engines? I am looking for one as we speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks