• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

m998 missing PCB

jdknech

I'm working on a HMMWV that is missing the PCB box completely, is there a way to tell what box its supposed to have(yellow or green label, or I've read there is a 3rd type?), or does it matter as long as its a good box?
or better yet, can I take the box completely out of the equation and put the GP's on a switch and bypass the PCB permanently? thanks guys! I'm kinda new to the HMMWV world..

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm working on a HMMWV that is missing the PCB box completely, is there a way to tell what box its supposed to have(yellow or green label, or I've read there is a 3rd type?), or does it matter as long as its a good box?
or better yet, can I take the box completely out of the equation and put the GP's on a switch and bypass the PCB permanently? thanks guys! I'm kinda new to the HMMWV world..
Read this thread a lot of good information in it post #1 and #25 has details on your question .
[h=1]LEO/FD HMMWV Check List & Part Numbers[/h]

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
BDAR for a failed PCB is hot wire from battery to the IP, and jump the starter via STE-ICE connector.

To bypass, IMO, wouldnt be too much work, but you would destroy the factory wiring harness to do it.

Stevepsc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are looking for the yellow tag box pm me, I can get them cheap at the demil facility in Wilmington, NC.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks