• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 pulling m105 modified

drivebymashing

My 2 man m998 6.2 3sp pulling my m105a2. I lowered and changed wheels and cutoff unnecessary weight weighed in at 7280 with me and 1/4 tank of fuel. Pulls like a dream and handle 4500 pounds of gravel easily.
My transmission temp shot with a temp gun was 113 pulling up my steep driveway. Tires were 82 degrees.

Attachments

fasttruck

Reference post 2: Applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard requires some type of brake on any trailer RATED for over 3000 pounds never mind carrying 4500 pounds. LEOs or DOTs will discover this breach when the inevitable at fault accident occurs and then you will be surrounded by a battalion of savage attorneys seeking all your assets. Yes : what brakes ?

drivebymashing

Reference post 2: Applicable Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard requires some type of brake on any trailer RATED for over 3000 pounds never mind carrying 4500 pounds. LEOs or DOTs will discover this breach when the inevitable at fault accident occurs and then you will be surrounded by a battalion of savage attorneys seeking all your assets. Yes : what brakes ?
Yes you are correct. I built the trailer for firewood on my property. It wont see pavement.

Reactions: 98G

drivebymashing

I enjoy the 105 much more than my lowered m1101. I feel like the 1101 is fragile compared to the 105. Either way I just thought I'd share a picture or two I know the laws that's why there is no tag or lights. Its "off road use only"

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks