• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 wiper washer question?

Mikei998

Got my m998 and was wondering how to operate the windshield washers ? I think it broken but not sure how it is supposed to operate ? Your supposed to depress the knob in order to wash the windshield? Any info would be great!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
It may not operate. Most of the pumps become gummed up or rusted... Failing sooner or later.

Pumps not cheap either,

CAMO

warcow105

Yeah, give it a shot with the engine off so you can hopefully hear if the pump is running or not. Might take a few seconds before you get anything out of the nozzles. If the pump is running but nothing comes out check the hoses and make sure the nozzles aren't clogged.

Mike

papakb

Take the tank out of the vehicle and give it a thorough cleaning on the bench then hit the pump with 24 volts and see what it does. You might want to let it soak with some white vinegar in it to dissolve any gunk that's built up in it over the years. These things hardly ever get used and sitting isn't good for the pumps.

camoscout

My washer pump on my m998 was not working. I disconnected the pump and removed it from the washer tank. This was my second washer pump to fail. I decided to see what the pump looked like inside the black case. I opened the black case and the motor was completely covered in rust. Not going to replace with part #12342887. You can replace with Anco 67-23. It will cost you about 12-15 bucks.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Smart move to see the inter-workings and fail points. I did the same thing. Figured keep it all original, so found a NOS one on the e place at $45 bucks, OUCH! Six month later same crapped up pump and leaking between housing and case. How could it be so hard to fix ??? Glow plugs, dumb/smart boxes and now washer pumps.

Went with over the counter Anco 67-23 also. Cheap at $14 bucks... 3/4 inch inlet plugs right in to tank. Comes with new grommet and connector. Outlet is off to the side, so just reroute the hose a little. BUT 12 volt motor. I did add a dropping resistor, but don't really feel it is necessary for the intermittent three or four seconds to spray. IMO cut the leads off the old one, hook them to the new one and wash away.

Also, all the crud over the years it is also a good idea to inspect, blow out both spray tips, maybe change the hoses. Couldn't believe the junk in the nozzles tips. Fill the tank with the blue stuff, still going after three years.

Works better than a fire hose,

CAMO

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks