• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Wiring "jumper" questions

wreckingball1972

Received my M998 from Govplanet. Bought as a non runner, I knew I was going to have issues. Question is this. Can the electronic ignition module be bypassed? Reason being, the 8 pin harness has been hacked off about a foot away from the box. Im just trying to see if the thing will even run before I start dropping a bunch of cash. Odd thing is, the harness is hacked, the fluids were removed, coolant lines were disconnected, and etc. Not sure why, but will work through it. Starter does turn motor when solenoid is jumped. Thanks for any info!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Received my M998 from Govplanet. Bought as a non runner, I knew I was going to have issues. Question is this. Can the electronic ignition module be bypassed? Reason being, the 8 pin harness has been hacked off about a foot away from the box. Im just trying to see if the thing will even run before I start dropping a bunch of cash. Odd thing is, the harness is hacked, the fluids were removed, coolant lines were disconnected, and etc. Not sure why, but will work through it. Starter does turn motor when solenoid is jumped. Thanks for any info!
you never know, they very well started to remove the engine, or maybe it was cannabulized for parts.
to start you don't need the box...you need to energize a few items.

1.fuel shutoff solenoid
2.cold advance
3.8 glow plugs

The first two items will be a constant 24v, the last "glow plugs" will be 8 secs or so.
you can create a harness for the glow plugs and a harness for the fuel and cold advance, once this is done you can jump the starter and it should fire....you might want to use fresh fuel from a can and rig it to the fuel pump, or drain the tank, I see a lot of bad fuel in these trucks from sitting.

wreckingball1972

Thanks for the response. Now that you mention the fuel pump, It is gone as well. Best I can tell most everything else is there. Everything will definitely get a good flushing for sure.

Bulldogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, you're near a scrapper there in Wilmington if I recall correctly, so at least you might be able to get the parts you need quickly.
Maybe a whole new power plant and keep the one you have as spares?
Bulldogger