• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 with helmet top fitting in a 7ft Garage door.

GypsiGear

My garage door is the standard 7ft in height, I'm about to purchase an M998 with a helmet top. The dealer says the truck with the top is 82 inch tall, does anyone know if this is accurate? I haven't measured it because it's a state away and I won't be able to see it for another two weeks. I just want to make sure it fits in the garage door. Has anyone stored one in their garage? Is a 1-2 inch clearance ok?
Please advise.
V/R
GYPSIGEAR

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My garage door is the standard 7ft in height, I'm about to purchase an M998 with a helmet top. The dealer says the truck with the top is 82 inch tall, does anyone know if this is accurate? I haven't measured it because it's a state away and I won't be able to see it for another two weeks. I just want to make sure it fits in the garage door. Has anyone stored one in their garage? Is a 1-2 inch clearance ok?
Please advise.
V/R
GYPSIGEAR
I have a friend that parks his Deuce in his garage. He had to remove the top of the stack and the intake snorkel to get it in the door. Has to fold down the windshield too. Even has to duck his head to get under the doorway... Hate to say it, but nobody is going to be able to say for sure that your truck will fit.

A couple of extra bodies to help watch for you the first time will be a major plus.

GypsiGear

I have a friend that parks his Deuce in his garage. He had to remove the top of the stack and the intake snorkel to get it in the door. Has to fold down the windshield too. Even has to duck his head to get under the doorway... Hate to say it, but nobody is going to be able to say for sure that your truck will fit.

A couple of extra bodies to help watch for you the first time will be a major plus.
I kinda figured it was gonna be like that. I seen that the top is about 400ish pounds. So, I figured I could take it off.
Thank you for responding.

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Just measured mine. 80 inches +/- air pressure in tires and suspension set up. Should clear.

Going to be close, CAMO

firehawk2531

Did your M998 fit? I just bought a helmet top off ebay to swap my soft top. Now I am wondering if it will fit. Did it work out for you?

papakb

I got a low rider friend here in San Jose that can fix you up with some 12" Honda wheels with low profile tires. With some new hydraulics and springs he can probably get your ride clearance height down to 6" and you shouldn't have any problems with that pesky door. 🙃🙃🙃🙃

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks