• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MACK 7 ton NO any out there

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
I have a great book with all the WW II vehicles listed in it and one of the ones I would really love to see up close is the Mack NO 7 ton Cargo Artillery truck designed to haul the long tom 155 MM and the 240 MM cannons. The book says they could carry a full 5 tons with the 15 ton cannon in tow. I would really like to see one up close if there are any out there can you tell me where to look?

TacticalTruck

Frank Buck has a nice one in Gettesburg. I shot a pile of pictures of it for DD. There's also an unrestored one in Rockville, MD. He bought it out of Sam Winer, OH. He said it was the last one worth saving out of there. DD wrote somewhere that they use the same axles as the M123s.
Jeff

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There aren't that many left, most were scrapped years ago after the war. Those two TT mentioned are probably the only ones on the East Coast that isn't in a museum.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think only about 2600 were made for the US. It shares many componets with the post war 10 tons. i think they all had a hoist in the bed.

Chuck

M215

Mack

The WW2 vehicle museum in Hubbard Ohio has a Mack NO and a long tom on display. I have seen the ones at Sam Winers in Akron, rough would be generous.
Karl

Jetnoise400

Thanks for the confirmation.

That truck is about 30 minutes from my house at the Military Vehicle Technology Foundation (Jaques Littlefield's armor museum - as seen on a recent episode of "Tank Overhaul")

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks