• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Made it home in M934, Ft Riley to Keller, TX!

tjwareusmc

She's running and driving, I'm headed to Salina now to get some goodies but she's idling way too high and the front end is vibrating pretty bad. Now she's lost all power, gonna check the fuel lines for ice/water/debris.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Where are you do you need assistance? Hope you can get to Glens as it is probably the closest place to get a tank/parts.

Last edited:

tjwareusmc

Tire pressures were good. One went down on me. If I can just make it to Salina I'll get some spare parts/tires whatever I need. Trying to keep enough air in the system to get there.

AZK9

Tire pressures were good. One went down on me. If I can just make it to Salina I'll get some spare parts/tires whatever I need. Trying to keep enough air in the system to get there.
Are you following I-70/40, or are you driving on old US-40? There should be a few places where you can get emergency materials along Old 40.

BTW... I'm wondering if the neck of the air tank is where it is leaking? I'm not 100% sure from the photo.

MtnSnow

Is this a CTIS equipped truck? If so check to see if the counter-weight IS installed across from the CTIS Valve & Cover. If a Non-CTIS truck make sure there is NO a counter-weight installed.

Also double check your tire pressures. If running Super-singles the proper pressure is 70 psi.

dmetalmiki

Wow..good luck with your trip and end destination. You have us in the "nail biting" state now..so I guess I know what you are feeling. I have had that feeling so many times..Worst trip ever (in my life!) was a trip in a zill 131 with a cummins motor. Slowed or stopped every two miles or so..gear lever fell off, main air compressor outlet pipe split..The first and only army truck I left to be recovered. Nightmare. (it is posted somewhere amongst my posts ). But I digress, and say again, keep on trucking, nice fix as well, you deserve a win. So keep us informed of progress. (with pictures if possible).

AZK9

I know pretty much the route you are likely following. If you know that the air tank is leaking
and can not find a shop/person for a replacement... a good emergency 'fix' can be done with:

jb-weld-putty-stick-60min-cure.JPGIt is a JB Weld epoxy product that comes in 2 sticks. You'd have 5 minutes to
rub the two parts together and apply it, like a ring, around the 'neck' of that tank. It sets to
full cure in an hour, so you won't have to wait too long to get going again. The epoxy putty
'mushed into' the area leaking will likely get sealed. Just be sure to drain the air pressure
before you apply the putty.

I've been in many-a-jam along dark, empty roads and this type of product can be a life-saver.

Hope you are ok and no longer in need of help though. :)

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
He Has made it out to BFR Metals and Glen, so If there are parts that need replacing he is in the right spot!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks