• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Made it home!!!!

Made it home with my "new" Deuce today. It drove awesome. I'm glad I took some ear plugs, that turbo will SCREAM.

Had several waves, several "what the heck is a 20 year old doing driving a Deuce???" looks, but all in all it was a smooth trip. Took a little getting used to turning the signal lights off manually, kept wondering why some people would wait a second before getting up next to me.

The speedo seems off, tach seems pretty close from "sound". On some hills (not steep, but not flat either) I'd get slowed down to around 2000RPM in 5th gear - could be normal, maybe it needs some filter changes - those will be soon.

Anyway, the shaky feeling from the adrenaline rush is just starting to wear off. I'll admit that upon getting in the thing and putting it in gear the first time my stomach felt a little sick I was so nervous :mrgreen::mrgreen:.

Thanks to the previous owner for picking out a good truck :-D. I think he is on the site but I am not sure what his username is.

Here are some pictures of my "new" 1973 Deuce w/ow, w/ "whistler" turbo.

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Congrats on the SAFE trip home!! Hope you enjoy your "new" truck!! Take the time to read the manuals, check out how and why things operate, and such. Especially the brakes. Big truck, they don't stop on a dime and they do a "number" on other vehicles when there is contact. ENJOY your truck!! Welcome aboard!!
God bless!
Tony=)

bryan70546

Nice rig , its allways fun the first time driving them home i remember my ride home how can i forget a few miles from home and the throttle return spring broke wow that was a eye opener and very high on the pucker factor glad you had a safe trip enjoy your new truck shes a keeper for sure.:)

markmontana

Way to go. That's a fine looking truck- wish I could have picked one up when I was twenty (they were still in active service back then- but I could have found a CCKW or...)

Take good care of her- she needs your attention, and doesn't want you looking at more trucks.
:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks