• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

magnaflow on a deuce

jrobinson5093

I just got threw puting my magnaflow muffler on my m35a2. I drive the truck every day to work that is 20 miles away so I had to do something about the constant yell. I had the muffler layin around from when i took it off my duramax. it is pretty quiet now at idle and when drivin it sounds deep but not real loud. now all i need to do is figure out is how to keep all the drivetrain noise out.

Attachments

littlebob

I just got threw puting my magnaflow muffler on my m35a2. I drive the truck every day to work that is 20 miles away so I had to do something about the constant yell. I had the muffler layin around from when i took it off my duramax. it is pretty quiet now at idle and when drivin it sounds deep but not real loud. now all i need to do is figure out is how to keep all the drivetrain noise out.
The cheapest route is hearing protection. Lots of memebers have experimented with mufflers, rerouting the exhaust to rear(original location), sound deadening ETC. I think I'm keeping it simple and cheap. Appreciate the info.

Moto4Life

Dynamat would help tremendously with noise. There are other spray/roll on deadeners that offer the same benefit without the aluminum backing like the mat has. I've also heard that truck bed liner can work to deaden noise

A

A/C Cages

Ok you fixed the noise, but what about the duct taped top to the window? lol
I cant say much, I did that last year till I got it home. It was a feild repair.

jrobinson5093

The magna flow helped with the sound level alot. I was plannin on undercoating the bottom of the cab and the fire wall, and sprayin bed liner on the inside. I wanna put a 4 or 5 inch stack on it. but i really wanna put some better mirrors on it. and as for the duck tape the piece that hold the top on fell apart and i have not decited if i wanna put a hard to or get another soft top. I have a 2004 3500 duramax and i like drivin my deuce more that it. i have been runnin pure wmo in it and it runs like it was new, and since i work at a ford dealer we have plenty.